Swift and Accurate Treatment for Cardiovascular Diseases within the Golden Time
The CBMC Cardiovascular Center not only diagnoses and manages risk factors in an early stage that can lead to cardiovascular diseases, but also performs percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and stent insertion swiftly and immediately for patients suffering from coronary artery syndrome including Myocardial infarction. In addition, the medical team at the Center carries out highly complex procedures and various heart surgeries to care for patients with diseases such as Valvular dysfunction and arrhythmia.
With well-aligned consultation by medical specialists from three departments – cardiology, chest surgery and pediatric cardiology – and the system completely integrated with non-invasive diagnostic modalities in the functional test unit and the Center’s own state-of-the-art medical equipment, it has been recognized as a high-end and trustworthy cardiovascular center that patients can rely on.
· Less than 3% of the restenosis rate within one year after coronary stent insertion
· Systematic process that allows patients getting a procedure to leave the hospital the same day, which reduces time and financial burdens for patients
· Radiofreqency catheter ablation for patients with arrhythmia including atrial fibrillation
· Treatments in place for patients with left-sided heart failure that is hard to treat, such as Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) that can reduce the frequency of sudden cardiac death and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) that can improve the heart function by synchronizing the left and right ventricle
· Percutaneous interventional therapy to treat congenital heart defect, aortic dissection, aortic aneurysm and peripheral artery stenosis
· Stent procedure for implanting a valve to treat “aortic stenosis” without open-chest surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) that allows an aortic valve to be implanted in the heart without going through full open-chest surgery
· “Love Messenger Campaign” to bring new life every year
- Free cardiac surgery for Koreans abroad who suffer from cardiac diseases but cannot afford treatment due to economic difficulties
- The Campaign has benefited approximately 200 people since 2000